Monday 29 September 2008

A MEETING of minds!!!!!!



Musicians Wanted! FREE Musicians Classifieds
Join 20002 registered musicians & complete your band!
Post Reply Post New Ad

julianmeteorLocation: Plymouth
Quote Edit
Bass Guitarist Needed for SIGNED Band (September 28th, 2008 16:41 pm)

We are a band of two looking for two more. We play mainly Indie and Metal. We're made up of me (drummer) and Jally (French) on bass guitar. We're based in Plymouth but might NEED to travel in order to sort out our current situation. We need a lead singer (FED UP of doing it myself) and a lead guitarist. Have you got what it takes? Age is NO boundary. Bad attitude IS. Email me - julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk P-sout,

Julian



From:
spencerfairbrother@live.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
CC: penelope_miles@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Joinmyband.co.uk Contact
Date: September 28th, 2008 18:17:55 +0000


Dear Julian,

Penny and I saw your advert and are very interested in joining your band! Penny sings and I play lead guitar. I must be honest and say we are not very experienced, but I hope you can still consider joining up with us. It has always been an ambition of mine to play live, so at 34 I hope I'm not leaving it too late!I too live in Plymouth, so logistically I can see no problem. I have a few questions for you:

1. How old are you and your bandmate?
2. Who are your influences?
3. Who are you signed to?

That will do for now!

I look forward to hearing from you,

Spencer


From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: spencerfairbrother@live.co.uk
Subject: RE: Joinmyband.co.uk Contact
Date: September 28th, 2008 19:36:05 +0000

Hi Spencer!!!

JUST when I thought I would NEVER form a band, up pops an INexperienced wannabe who is DEFO over the hill!!!!!

Luckily there is SOMEthing that makes me think this could work!!!!

In answer to your questions:

1. BOTH 32. VERY young at heart though. Think Gary Coleman, but white; and taller. I can't talk for Jally (Jacques-Antoine), you'll have to meet him!!!! ONE of a kind!!!

2. If I HAD to name ONE - Def Leppard.

3. We are NOT signed, but I was told by a friend of mine that you HAVE to say you ARE signed so as to get more attention. Hope you don't mind!!!!! (if you DO, the you can piss off!!!)

Right, that will do for now... how about we meet up for a beer and some band practice? Do you know the Britannia Inn on Wolesely Road??? The beer is CHEAP!!! and they do a special meal deal where we can BOTH get cottage pie and chips for a TOTAL of £7.50!!!!!! Sale of the FUCKING Century – EACH time!!! We can eat there, THEN go back to my nan's house and jam in her garage!!!

You MUST bring your friend Penny!!!! Is she single by the way? Hope so!!!!! Shall we say 9pm Wednesday???

Let me know; either way,

Julian


From: spencerfairbrother@live.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Joinmyband.co.uk Contact
Date: September 28th, 2008 19:46:22 +0000

Hi Julian,

Thanks for your enthusiastic email. Long may it last! Penny and I are keen to meet you on Wednesday,

Look forward to it!

S

PS Penny is my girlfriend FYI


From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: spencerfairbrother@live.co.uk
Subject: RE: Joinmyband.co.uk
Contact
Date: September 28th, 2008 19:56:05 +0000

FYI?

From: spencerfairbrother@live.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Joinmyband.co.uk Contact
Date: September 28th, 2008 20:01:22 +0000

It’s in initialism. It stands for “For Your Information”

From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: spencerfairbrother@live.co.uk
Subject: RE: Joinmyband.co.uk Contact
Date: September 28th, 2008 20:36:05 +0000

I LOVE initialisms!!!!! Like lol!!!!! (LOL!!!!)

From: spencerfairbrother@live.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Joinmyband.co.uk Contact
Date: September 28th, 2008 20:37:22 +0000

"Lol" is technically an acronym, not an initialism.

See you Weds

Spencer

No comments: