Thursday 9 October 2008

"Your mate/drummer Julian Meteor has already made such a complete idiot of himself..."



Band practice last night!!! Hungover AGAIN!!! What's new???? lol
I've attached some emails I fished from Spencer's hotmail. He went M.E.N.T.A.L. at me for not sorting out the gig and INSISTED he could do a better job!!!!
I gave him the details of our STRONGEST leads and told him to get on with it!!!! Like HE knows anything about managing a band.

From: spencerfairbrother@live.co.uk
To: harrylink@prayersandslayers.co.uk
Subject: Venue Search
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:54:31 +0000

Hi Harry,

I'm just doing some venue hunting for my new band.
Our designated organiser appears to be a little slack in, well, organising, and we urgently need some live practice before our tour in August.
Can you tell me if your venue can hold decent sized crowds and is open to anybody to perform?

Thanks, and sorry for the late notice and my clear inexperience here, but I'm having to take the
bull by the horns otherwise nothing will get done,

Thanks for your help,

Spencer

PS We're based locally - Plymouth - hence asking you first

________________________________________
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:18:55 +0100
Subject: Re: Venue Search
From: harrylink@prayersandslayers.co.uk
To: spencerfairbrother@live.co.uk


The Argyle style yeah?

________________________________________
From: spencerfairbrother@live.co.uk
To: harrylink@prayersandslayers.co.uk
Subject: Venue Search
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:24:31 +0000

Wow!

I'm out of my depth here, clearly!

How on earth did you know that? Obviously some sort of clever database of local bands. The only one you've never hosted perhaps ha ha!

Anyway, can you help me/us out?

Spencer

________________________________________
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:32:06 +0100
Subject: Re: Venue Search
From: harrylink@prayersandslayers.co.uk
To: spencerfairbrother@live.co.uk


No mate...

I’ve just got the knack for research..... I’m a producer and sound engineer as well as musician....

Unfortunately however nice a person you are.... Your mate/drummer Julian Meteor has already made such a complete idiot of himself that I simply cannot do business with him..... You’re alright... But he’s a childish person.... Very stroppy...

What’s the matter with him? Is it just being a drummer that does that to you?

Lol!

Take care mate.

Harry Link

________________________________________
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:35:35 +0100
Subject: Re: Venue Search
From: harrylink@prayersandslayers.co.uk
To: spencerfairbrother@live.co.uk


I’d also like to add that we’ve been arguing quite a lot...lol!

I’m am currently guilty of winding him up.... But he kinda initiated it with some stupid comment about me...

So it’s tar and feathers for the little shit... Lol!

Look... The venue isn’t geared for loud rock bands.... We’re a laid back place....
Why the hell don't you play the HUB? You don't need to play everywhere in Plymouth, just the bigger better venues.... We're an acoustic café.... Which proved to me Julian had doneno research!

Hey, he could always be the tour cook?

Little egg flipping tosser!
*******************************************************************************
_______________________________________
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:35:35 +0100
Subject: Re: Live Music!!!!!!
From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: harrylink@prayersandslayers.co.uk


Hi Harry,

Long time no speak etc
Have you ever heard of a venue called the Hob? Need to get in touch with them URGENTLY. I'm in a RIGHT pickle here, can you help me out, mate?

J


Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:25:58 +0100
Subject: Re: Live Music!!!!!!
From: kristiansharpe@abandonhope.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk


The Hob....?

Are you a fucking joke or what?

It’s called the Hub dip shit....

Why am I helping you?

Because I feel sorry for you I think! But at your age.... You should really have made it by now....

Too late... Toooo tooo late.


Harry


Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:35:35 +0100
Subject: Re: Live Music!!!!!!
From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: harrylink@prayersandslayers.co.uk

Great, thanks,

I owe you one x


Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:25:58 +0100
Subject: Re: Live Music!!!!!!
From: kristiansharpe@abandonhope.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk

No Beef mate. It was fun.

Harry

PS... I do know the management at the Hub.... If you do decide to slag me off to them... I WILL get to hear about it....

Let’s just let it lie ... And put it to rest....

Hope you get a cracking gig at the hub...

Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:35:35 +0100
Subject: Re: Live Music!!!!!!
From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: harrylink@prayersandslayers.co.uk

Fuck you, you're history


Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:54:47 +0100
Subject: Re: Live Music!!!!!
From: kristiansharpe@abandonhope.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk

Ok...

War is what you want.... You’ve got it mate... Look the fuck out.... Your gigs are gonna start sounding funny... You’ve no idea how easy it is for me so sabotage your sound!



Mooo ha ha haaaaaa!


Burger van boy.... xx

****************************************************************


*******************************************************************

No comments: