Thursday 13 November 2008

ABSOLUTELY FUMING


It is NOT often that I'm in a bad mood, but today I AM. We put on a MASSIVE event for the people of Plymouth, offer HUGE prize-money, send out POLITE invitations, and what do we get? NOTHING but shit.
Ok, ok I am a BIT pissed off that NO jobs have come my way this week - is the credit crunch getting worse? It that POSSIBLE? I thought a credit crunch was when unemployment reached its MAXIMUM POSSIBLE capacity.
But what would I know.

Suffice to say ALL I have to look forward to is a road trip (TBA) up to Coventry for Argyle's next game. If we lose THAT, then I MAY smash up my drums.
I have included some of the TYPICAL correspondence I have had concerning this ill-fated Battle of the Bands, JUST so you don't think I am a big MOODY lol (that was NOT a genuine laugh. It's just a habit).


From: Julian Meteor
To: ladependence@hotmail.co.uk; esha_ness@******.co.uk; pjpepper@hotmail.com; poundofmusic@yahoo.com
Subject: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:09:27 +0000



Hi Guys,

I am currently organising a Battle of the Bands in Plymouth to be staged in the coming month.

Winners will receive £10,000 and there will be only four bands playing five tracks each.

My band 'The Argyle Style' will of course be entering, but the judges will be independent.

Interested?

Let me know; either way,

Julian


From: esha_ness@******.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2008 18:01:13 +0000



Hi Julian,

Yes my band is interested, let me know asap for dates so I can book my band’s gigs around it.

Thankyou

Jonathan (Esha Ness)


From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: esha_ness@******.co.uk
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 10:10:56 +0000


Jonathan,

The delay in getting back to me HARDLY implies you are interested now does it?
It looks to me like you would turn up, give a half-hearted performance to the crowd I have organised, then expect to pick up an appearance fee.
I've seen it all before.

Let me know; either way,

Julian


From: esha_ness@******.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 13:22:17 +0000



Julian,

I have been discussing this matter with the rest of my band and Liam, the guitarist was meant to email you back. We decided there was no point in everybody emailing you.
I have been doing research on the competition and I have found that there is nothing anywhere - I have googled it and everything. I would like you to explain to me how there is no coverage of the competition, if it is indeed for 10 thousand pounds. Sounds a bit odd to me.
Also, we have emailed you and asked for details about the competition and we didn't even get a date for the event in your reply. All I wanted was to find out if this was a genuine offer or not. The whole thing doesn’t seem very professional or organised, does it?

Jonathan


From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: esha_ness@******.co.uk
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 14:36:41 +0000


I sometimes wonder why I bother putting on these fucking events for the people of Plymouth.
Hardly seems worth it when I get 'admin' like this.

I wish you good luck in your next comp. Hopefully the prize money will be enough to buy you a new pair of Doc Martens.

Go and look another gift horse in the mouth,

Julian


From: esha_ness@******.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 15:02:04 +0000



Good luck to you. I’m glad I’m not going to be associated with you after the likes of that. You seem like a moody sod. I play drums, my teacher was taught by Jimmi Marshall founder of Marshall amplifiers. I’ve never heard of you so you can’t be that good anyway. But best of luck to you and your shitty Battle of the Bands. With 4 bands wtf? lol.
Hardly a battle, more like a tea party.
I’ve never seen your band advertised anywhere. So as far as I’m concerned you’re shit! I don’t care about you or your little 'battle'.

Enjoy it. I’ll make sure we put on our website you’re the biggest goon of Plymouth and get some feedback from our fans.

Bye

Jonathan (a member of a real band)


From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: esha_ness@******.co.uk
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 15:29:14 +0000


EMI will never sign you.

I have just made sure of that.

I HATE people like you who think the world owes them a favour.


Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 15:44:21 +0000
From: esha_ness@******.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth



erm excuse me, I would like to know how u have made sure they won’t sign us? What lies have u told? And since when did I say the world owes me a favour, all I have done is look out for the welfare of my band, you are the person who has not made any effort, we ask for information and u can't even give us a date.. no time, no place and not even a date! How is that being co-operative??


From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: esha_ness@******.co.uk
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 16:15:47 +0000


5th December.

You in?

Only one place left.


From: esha_ness@******.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 12:09:27 +0000


So in a few weeks! Might want to make a plan then lol?, have you got a place at all and do you need any help organising this?


From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: esha_ness@******.co.uk
CC: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 14:16:33 +0000



I can only go by what I am told.

My bandmate Jally (Jacques-Antoine) is sorting it.

Jally, do you need help? This nice guy is offering.

Let me know,

Julian


From: esha_ness@******.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 14:49:27 +0000



Alright julian

Any news or anything?

Let me know when you can

Jonathan


From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
CC: esha_ness@******.co.uk
Subject: FW: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 16:09:44 +0000



Any nouvelles, Jally?


Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 17:03:55 +0000
From: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk; esha_ness@******.co.uk
Subject: Re: FW: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth



Julian, I make my best, but I have evil at the time because the concert halls not very nice at this time in the region of Devon. Can be Jonathan say the best to me come to contact to make this event?
The life is much easier in France! I find the English sometimes can be most unhelpful and ignorant.

Jonathan, please say it to me if so; or if no,

J-A


Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2008 09:01:36 +0000
From: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
To: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com; esha_ness@******.co.uk
Subject: Re: FW: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth


I take it you two are chatting amongst yourselves? I am WAY too busy to be dealing with this stupid competition.


Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2008 09:09:27 +0000
From: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk
CC: esha_ness@******.co.uk
Subject: Re: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth



No. I wait for lazy Ben to contact me.
I can read the mind of this man. He is not interested where his can not make the silver.


From: esha_ness@******.co.uk
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk, ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 11:16:41 +0000


Hi, Sorry , I got your emails that you guys were sending to each other
I’m afraid me and my band would like nothing to do with this battle of the bands anymore. You have pointlessly insulted me enough. £10,000 or not I’d rather pay than to have nothing to do with you two bitching people. You obviously think you are professionals in this business. I think my band are too good and too nice to have anything to do with it.

Good luck with it

Jonathan


Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 11:20:31 +0000
From: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
To: esha_ness@******.co.uk
Subject: Re: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth



I think you make the excuse because you miss the deathline for entry.

Please tell me if it is so; or if no


From: Jonathan Samuelle
Date: Tues, 12 Nov 2008 11:39:47 +0000
Subject: RE: Battle of the Bands - Plymouth
To: Jacques-Antoine LeCullotte



No for the last, time i cant understand a fucking word you say in your emails

You two either just lie your way around, or have no fucking clue what you are doing with any of this. The fucking leaders or pixie land day circus can do a better job than anything you can achieve!

"I think you make the excuse because you miss the deathline for entry"

What the fuck does that mean? I am very pissed off at the fact you guys keep emailing me, I want FUCK ALL!!!! to do with you pair of unorganised twats.
Yes my guess is that no-one wants to help because you guys are shit at making friends. One of you can’t even fucking write English!

In fact you two are sooooooooooooo shit that you actually emailed what you were supposed to be emailing to each other, to me! My god if you’re that shit on a computer these days you must be wank at everything haha. So yes, for the last time go fuck yourselves, I don’t want another email from you tossers again. I am a rocker, I play rock. I’m not some pansy liar that thinks that how you approach someone is via emails. It’s wankers like you, yes you Julian, that make the Southwest music industry suck, because you’re shit at organisation and obviously shit at your instrument.

Good bye knob cheeses

********************************************************************

No comments: