Monday 10 November 2008

Competition struggles to find entrants


"EVERY no is CLOSER to a yes" they always tell us. This is what I KEEP telling myself. I ALWAYS try to stay positive.
Another one is: "Attitude is contagious, is YOURS worth catching?" - Justin Langer (Australian Cricketer)
This is ALL well and good, but when you have been applying for jobs for MONTHS and can't EVEN get an interview, I STRUGGLE to stay positive.
Saying that, I was the ONLY one in the crowd at Home Park on Saturday who STILL believed the MIGHTY Argyle would equalise when we did in the last minute Vs Charlton on Saturday!!!! lol
ANOTHER piece of positive news aside from Plymouth Argyle and their 'never say die' attitude (I'm on a ROLL here lol) is that Spencer has made a a website!!!!!!
www.julianmeteor.com
THAT, my friends, means that I am OFFICIALLY successful. He has NOT asked me for any money for it yet, so I HOPE he forgets!!!! pmsl

Elsewhere my WHOLE week is being taken up by this Battle of the Bands idea.
On paper a VERY good idea; in REALITY, shithouse.
NOone wants in. Too scared, I reckon.
I have added some more to my blog entry of last week where we ALMOST got down to negotiation stage with Cupid Green (but didn't) and here is ANOTHER example (sent to a LOCAL band whose name I have HAD to change as I do NOT want to give them OR their new spin-off ANY free publicity) of SNOTTY-nosed South-West bands turning their NOSES up for NO REASON at our BRILLIANT and GENEROUS idea:

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:17:03 +0100
From: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
To: bear.from.hell@hotmail.com;
Subject: Plymouth Bands Competition


To Bear From Hell,

I am make to contact you from the recommendation.

My band with friend organisateur Spencer Fairbrother make the competition battle to the bands in Decembre.

Can you make entry not pay but possible if win big can be not work again for some month?

Please take the attach, eat it, then take some time with the decide. Not later before Wednesday. I urgent you.

Tell me if it is a so; or if it is a no,

J-A


Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:57:03 +0100
From: bear.from.hell@hotmail.com
To: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
Subject: Plymouth Bands Competition



We are no longer a band.
Check out our new band 'Mercury Shocker' at www.myspace.com/mercuryshocker

Will


Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:00:01 +0100
From: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
To: bear.from.hell@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Plymouth Bands Competition



Ok.

You sound exact the same so I can not know why you are change the name.

Mercury Shocker must play the Battle of the Bands?

There is the BIG money to win.

Tell me if it is so; or if it is no,

J-A


Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:13:22 +0100
From: bear.from.hell@hotmail.com
To: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
Subject: Plymouth Bands Competition



Need to know more details first :)
When?
Where?
What other bands are playing?
Set length?

thanks

Will


Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:23:04 +0100
From: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
To: bear.from.hell@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Plymouth Bands Competition


5 Decembre
Plymouth
Secret
Everyone else play 5 song. You must play two because crowd very possible hate your music.

I send the form of entry for you?

Tell me if it is so; or if it is no,

J-A


Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:44:11 +0100
From: bear.from.hell@hotmail.com
To: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
Subject: Plymouth Bands Competition


haha thanks!
whereabouts in plymouth?
yeah send the form

Will


Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:39:34 +0100
From: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
To: bear.from.hell@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Plymouth Bands Competition


I was not make the joke.

Please fill attachment send back before the end of time.

J-A


Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:55:04 +0100
From: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
To: bear.from.hell@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Plymouth Bands Competition



Yes, and I wasn't genuinely laughing.
Where in Plymouth is it?


Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:48:09 +0100
From: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
To: bear.from.hell@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Plymouth Bands Competition


Not more question. You are nerving me. It is unprofessional.

Make the form filled, if not I cancel you participation.

You wonker.

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:01:11 +0100
From: bear.from.hell@hotmail.com
To: ja.lecullotte@googlemail.com
Subject: Plymouth Bands Competition


Fuck off.


******************************************************************

No comments: