Monday 22 December 2008

OWL Update


Update on my quest to remove ALL trace of owls from the internet.
It's NOT going well.
These owl pushers can be VERY stubborn:
Here's a response to one of the MANY emails I sent out:


***Original Message***
From: Julian Meteor [mailto:julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk]
To: contact@manyhoots.org
Subject: Owl ISSUES


I have reason to believe you are an owl pusher and your run THIS site - http://www.manyhoots.org/

I for one HAPPEN to think it is VERY distasteful.

Please remove your website by 5pm LATEST

Gives me the RIGHT shivers.

Let me know; either way

Julian


RE: Owl ISSUES‏
From: Pete Donovan (contact@manyhoots.org)
Sent: 15 December 2008 19:18:42
To: 'Julian Meteor' (julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk)


Sorry to upset you, but if you don’t like the site please don’t go on it then, what do you mean by owl pusher anyway?I thought it gave a lot of information to people that wanted to learn more respectfully


RE: Owl ISSUES‏
From: Julian Meteor (julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk)
Sent: 18 December 2008 11:01:04
To: Owl - do NOT tell mummy (contact@manyhoots.org)

Are you going to take it down or not?

Can you just let me know either way?


Subject: OWL ISSUEs‏
From: Pete Donovan (contact@manyhoots.org)
Sent: 16 December 2008 20:48:24
To: julianmeteor2@hotmail.co.uk

Hello Julian.

In answer to your question take it down let me know, I am sorry to disappoint you but I cannot do that as i feel that many hoots does a good job in helping a variety of birds back to the wild, look closer on the many hoots pages and you will see pictures of the birds they have helped.

Anyway aren’t you the Julian who went to Devonport High School for boys in 1986, and did you go on to chef school and went in the merchant navy as a chef on the ******** cruises, if it is I think I knew you. Anyway Julian No This Kestrel was a wild bird that had to have its leg taken off, it is now fine and is looked after by the team at many hoots. We will not close the site for anyone that gets upset we do a good job please take the time and look at all the pages on the site and not just the two you looked at , I do not wish to upset you but please consider all the wild life we help that you do not even know about

Take care Julian, with respect the team at ManyHoots.

3 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

What was it like being a chef in the merchant navy?

CSouthwell said...

kill the owls and the owl pusher.

Anonymous said...

Owl pusher - my foot!
They do a great job - if they didn't these charities wouldn't be able to help these wild birds.
What do you want - them all put down, without a fighting chance?
Sad person.
If you think like that - you'll be feeling the same about ape sanctuaries and wild cat ones too then!